Is there an API for ipfw?

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Sun Apr 2 15:36:52 UTC 2006

On Saturday 01 April 2006 11:19 pm, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
= > It is a FreeBSD/amd64-6.1 as of February 7, running on a signle Opteron
= > 244 (hence UP). Machine has 2Gb of RAM and the active interface is em0 in
= > full
=
= so the pipe acts just on traffic from/to the local host ?

No, as I wrote below, the NFS client is a Sun machine. :-) It is an 8-CPU box
Sybase-server running on Solaris-9.

= > duplex 1GB mode. The ipfw and dummynet are loaded modules, not compiled in
= > (don't know, if that matters).
=
= should not make a difference.
=
= It would help if you could run, when the traffic stalls, a tcpdump on
= both source and destination, and tell me where you see the traffic.

Ok, I will next time this happens. I don't think, we have tcpdump on the
client (Solaris), though.

= > Without the pipes, the same Sun machine (NFS client) sends this data at
= > around 36Mb/s, which is too fast for my program to compress, so I'd like
= > to be able to throttle it.

Thanks! Yours,

	-mi