Looking For Ideas or Suggestions

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Sat Jun 25 23:56:30 GMT 2005

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:48:04 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.net you
wrote:

>The interface just stops accepting input  packets for 10-15 seconds and then
>starts up again. A ping from one system on the same LAN to the problem system
>shows that the interface stops receiving packets. It appears, using tcpdump
>and ethereal, that I can still see traffic on the interface during the
>freeze.

Are you sure the port is not blocking due to spanning tree ?  On the
catalyst, try and add some debugging options to see whats going on.
Specifically, debug spanning all.

When you see packets with TCPDUMP, what are the packets you see during
the "freeze" ?

What are the config options you have on the switch port ?  Can you do
an
ifconfig -au

	---Mike