Problems with gif tunnels

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 11 05:28:04 GMT 2005

On Friday, 10 June 2005 at 22:26:01 -0700, Stephen J. Bevan wrote:
> Jeremie Le Hen writes:
>> Given the simplicity of gif(4) IP-encapsulated packets, I wonder
>> how Linux guys could have implemented something else in their IPIP
>> module :-).
>
> They didn't, Linux IPIP exactly what it sounds like it does: IP in IP
> encapsulation.  The confusion seems to be on the part of FreeBSD guys
> who can't tell their gre(4) from their gif(4) :-)

Certainly that confusion exists.  But it doesn't seem to be the
problem here: the original poster (Gianmarco?) stated that he had
tried to set up a tunnel with gif(4), which would mean an IP-IP
tunnel.

Greg
--
The virus contained in this message was not detected.

Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.