test suites for testing tcp/ip implementation

gnn at freebsd.org gnn at freebsd.org
Thu Jan 6 22:41:17 PST 2005

At Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:34:03 +0530,
Manish Sapariya wrote:

> Hello,
> Can anybody suggest me freely available test suite for tcp/ip implementation.
> Are there any avalilable?

If you mean something that can veryify an RFC or do packet by packet
testing then the answer is, "Not yet."

There are other apps that folks use to do testing such as:

ANVL (for pay, not very good, IMHO).  Last time I used this they had
not implemented exhaustive protocol testing for TCP/IP and writing new
tests was non-trivial.  It used to require specific hardware as well
(at the time a Sun with an HME ethernet card).

Some folks use these peformance tests to do testing:

NetPipe
netperf

They are both in ports, and there are others as well.

Later,
George