[FIXED] FreeBSD 5.3 hangs up on high network load

Juan Rodriguez juan.fco.rodriguez at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 00:23:27 PST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:01:49 -0800, Jeffrey Hsu <hsu at freebsd.org> wrote:
>  > Ooops, I still got the same problem.
>  > My mistake, I saw "victory" too early.
>
> Have you tried this on DragonFlyBSD?  It's a fork of FreeBSD, so
> it should be very familiar to FreeBSD users, except faster and
> more stable.
>
> P.S.  Tell all your friends about it.

I know about DragonFly...but I'm used to FreeBSD so I would
prefer not to move on another OS.  I've been using FreeBSD
since FreeBSD-4.4..... I'm very dissapointed with FreeBSD-5
but I think these problems will be fixed sooner or later...besides,
I've got friends that tell me they aren't experiencing any problem
with FreeBSD-5 (which really annoys me, Im the only stupid
guy that can not make this works!).

Now I am thinking that the problem I've got is not related
to the network card....It seems like a deadlock. I've tried
to turn off autonegotiation but it didn't made any better

I've tried to use /usr/port/net/samba3 (I was using samba2)...

If I were rich, I would really think about donating my
hardware to the project, but this is not the case...anyway,
if anybody here wants to inspect something on my computer,
as I said before, I can give him "ssh" access. The computer
only gets frozen under high network load when using samba,
otherwise it's pretty stable :/