Aggregate network interfaces

Dave+Seddon dave-sender-1932b5 at seddon.ca
Fri Aug 26 04:49:21 GMT 2005

Greetings,

Oh wow!  That's cool.  I missed that somehow.  The 'man' page doesn't
mention the hash functions options.

On the Cat 6500s you can log into the Sup and change the hash function so
it's not just IP, but rather IP+Port.  I've previously used this to balance
the load across multiple gig links with traffic going to a sinlge backup
host, for example.  (I you want to know how I'll have to look that up)

Regards,
Dave Seddon