skshyam at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 20:20:05 PDT 2005
From: Shyam Shantikumar [mailto:skshyam at hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:18 PM
To: 'jerry at samba.org'
I don't understand the PosixAccount that you have mentioned there. How
should I proceed with this?
I have done the following on the SAMBA+LDAP server
1) installed Openldap and configured slapd.conf file. I can send it
across when asked for
2) populated the directory using ldapmodify and slapadd commands
3) installed samba 3 and configured the computer as a PDC
4) included samba.schema in slapd.conf file
5) installed user accounts in windows machines and also the unix box
6) sent the smbpasswd (smbadmin) to the tdbsecrets file
when it comes to adding the user accounts in smbpasswd file I am getting the
root at LDAPSERVER:/usr/local/etc# Apr 28 12:37:10 LDAPSERVER kernel: pid 30742
(smbpasswd), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped).
I hv no clue how to integrate the PosixAccount with SambasamAccount.
Do I have to use pam/nss when I don't need any authentication at this
Any help is appreciated at this stage. I hv been trying to get the server
running for the last 1 month and am stuck in this.
More information about the freebsd-net