I would like to tcpdump and get all the packets...

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Thu Sep 18 08:45:55 PDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 09:14:46AM +0300, Petri Helenius wrote:
> Sure, but because the bug in pcap-bpf.c there is no way to set the
> buffer above 32768
> without recompiling the library after applying the patch.
>
> This bug should be fixed in the FreeBSD copy of libpcap because tcpdump
> folks seem
> to be quite dormant.

We should avoid applying patches on the import if we possibly can, it's
Not Right.

I'd suggest submitting a patch via Sourceforge. I did this at Bill Fenner's
suggestion for some protocol additions I'd made, and Guy Harris has been
very good about closing and applying them, even if it takes him a week or
two to get around to it as he is quite busy.

BMS