mpd, ADSL and pptp

jhall at vandaliamo.net jhall at vandaliamo.net
Tue Oct 28 13:17:26 PST 2003

I am setting up a FreeBSD server to function as a agteway to the Internet
as well as maintain the necessary tunnels to our corporate office.  All of
this should be accomplished over a DSL connection.

I have setup mpd to make the PPPoE connection need to connect to the ADSL
provider, and it is working without a problem.  I am using ng0 for this
connection.

What is the best way to start natd after the connection to the DSL
provider has been established?  I am doing this manually right now for
testing since I am looking at error messages, etc.

I am currently using the following command to load natd.

natd -interface ng0, where ng0 PPPoE connection.

After the PPPoE connection is established, and I try to start open a pptp
connection to the corporate VPN server, I am seeing the following error
message.

pptp-0: attached to connection with 111.222.333.444:1723
pptp0-0:  outgoing call failed:  res=admin prohib err=none.

The server I am connecting to is also an mpd server.  Following is the
configuration file for the server.

default:
        load pptp_StCharles

pptp_StCharles:
        new -i ng1 pptp pptp
        setipcp ranges 10.129.10.40/32 10.129.10.101/32
        set iface route 10.129.20.0/24
        load client_standard

client_standard:
        set iface disable on-demand
        set iface enable proxy-arp
        set iface idle 1800
        set bundle enable multilink
        set link yes acfcomp protocomp
        set link no pap chap
        set link enable chap
        set link mtu 1460
        set link keep-alive 10 60
        set ipcp yes vjcomp
        set ipcp dns 10.129.10.41
        set bundle enable compression
        set ccp yes mppc
        set ccp yes mpp-e40
        set ccp yes mpp-e128
        set ccp yes mpp-stateless

Thanks in advance for your assistance.  If you need any additional
information, please let me know.

Jay