named sandbox trouble

Bill Vermillion bv at wjv.com
Sun Oct 12 08:47:56 PDT 2003

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 15:47 , while denying his reply is
spam, Robert Downes prattled on endlessly saying:

> >Are the entries fully qualified?
> >What does your resolv.conf look like?
> >Do any other apps complain?

> >I'd have to look at the MySQL install scripts to be sure, but I
> >can't fathom why MySQL would go out of it's way to sneak around the
> >resolver...

> I've realised that my /etc/resolv.conf is being overwritten on every
> reboot. I assumed this was because of DHCP, but disabling DHCP meant
> that my network connection was disabled.

I don't know off hand what is causing that you can keep that from
happening by running as root    chflags schg /etc/resolv.conf

That will buy you time until you figure things out.

Anytime you need to modify that file - even as root - you have
to run    chflags noschg /etc/resolv.conf.

See   man chflags    for further information.

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com