ALTQ integration

Hendrik Scholz hscholz at raisdorf.net
Mon Aug 11 03:35:01 PDT 2003

Hi!

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:08:36 +0200
Fabien THOMAS <fabien.thomas at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> What is the status of the ALTQ framework integration into FreeBSD ?

Dennis Berger (www.nipsi.de) is working on ALTQ stuff. During the last
few weeks more and more NICs (including the tun driver) have been
modified (off the regular cvs tree).
These patches are intended to be used with the pf port
(http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/) and work quite well (beside some
minor problems which got fixed).
As a matter of fact the stuff works quite well (using it on a 5.1-REL
router) and I'm just upgrading to the latest version since I missed
some interessting changes while attending the CCC Camp near Berlin :)

Max and Dennis are currently somewhat in sync with the OpenBSD pf tree
and the latest ALTQ releases so they are working on FreeBSD integration.

Have a look at their cvs tree and snapshots
(http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/pf_freebsd_1.60.tar.gz and
http://www.nipsi.de/FreeBSD/altq-freebsd-5.1-release-0.4.2.tar.gz)
if you like.

Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz - <hscholz at raisdorf.net> - http://raisdorf.net/

drag me, drop me - treat me like an object