Wacom driver install problem

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Sat Jan 24 06:23:41 PST 2009

Hi Tony,

probably freebsd-ports@ is the better place to ask this kind of question.

I am using this driver for INTUOS A3 and all works fine.

There are two ways to use this driver. For the first one you have to
write 'uwacom_load="YES"' in your '/boot/loader.conf'. Then the wacom
driver is up before other scripts or drivers can bind to the hardware
(tablet).

The FreeBSD port (I think you installed 'x11-drivers/input-wacom') wrote
'wacom_enable="YES"' in '/etc/rc.conf'. This is the second way to use
the driver and on most systems it is ok. But on some systems the ums
driver is faster then the wacom driver, so the wacom driver is not able
to see the tablet hardware any more. On these systems you should use the
first possibility.

I do not work with xsetwacm. But 'xsetwacom -h' tells you that there are
possibilities to get and set information.

I hope it helps.

Greetings,
Rainer