Wacom driver install problem

Antonio Rieser tonyrieser at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:42:42 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 7.1 on an Acer Aspire 1680 laptop.  I just installed the
FreeBSD Wacom driver (with the kernel module) from the ports collection for
use with a Wacom Bamboo USB graphics tablet.  The driver works great, and
notices pressure sensitivity, button shortcuts, etc, but when I reboot, the
tablet is initially recognized only as a mouse.  In the startup messages, I
noticed that the tablet is found before the 'wacom start' message.

If I unplug and replug the tablet, then restart X, it works fine again.
Does anyone know how to force 'start wacom' before looking for the tablet?

Also, how do I make the settings I change using xsetwacom return after I
logout and log back in?

Thanks, and all the best,

  Tony