with USB2 in Current where should I start to get the crystal eye camara in my laptop working?

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Nov 16 06:17:51 PST 2008

Quoting Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net>:

> On Sunday 16 November 2008, eculp wrote:
>> I'm running up to date (today's cvsup and build) and would like to try
>> and get the crystal eye camara in my acer aspire laptop working.

< CUT AND PASTED Basic Information TO
http://encontacto.net/SHARE/CrystalEye-udesc_dump.txt />

>> I think basically all Acer laptops have this camera now, hopefully
>> someone has some suggestions.
>>

> Hi,
>
> There is a program called /usr/ports/sysutils/udesc_dump which you can use to
> dump USB descriptors. Try that on your device and send us the output.

Great information, if I just knew what it meant. ;)  I have put it at
the beginning of the following link to keep this email from becoming
impossible to read.
http://encontacto.net/SHARE/CrystalEye-udesc_dump.txt

Thanks, Hans, you have given me hope.  If this works it will be the
first webcam that will have ever worked for me.  The closest thing was
a Hauppauge tv card with a camera back in 1998 or so.

ed

P.S. If it is preferable, I can add the results to email rather than the web.