Not capturing sound

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Sun Feb 3 12:16:08 PST 2008

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 at 13:31 -0600, Dan Kelley wrote:

> Any other suggestions?

Often the record level is set by the record control.  Try:

    mixer =rec mic rec 100

Give us the output from the "mixer" command (without any arguments),
"dmesg | grep pcm" and the contents of /dev/sndstat.

Some sound devices also have a 20db pad on the mic input which may
need to be disabled.  Depending upon the specific sound driver there
may be a mixer control which changes this.

Stuart
http://www.4gh.net/tudor/resume.html
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone