ports/122305: gst-inspect-0.10 hangs when checking for playbin, audioconvert, audioresample, gconfaudiosink, and gconfaudiosrc plugins

Keith Gaughan keith.gaughan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 11:50:03 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR ports/122305; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Keith Gaughan" <keith.gaughan at gmail.com>
To: "Michael Johnson" <ahze at freebsd.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/122305: gst-inspect-0.10 hangs when checking for playbin, audioconvert, audioresample, gconfaudiosink, and gconfaudiosrc plugins
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:45:30 +0100

 Though it was a little desperate, I did a full reinstall of 7.0 this
 weekend. This appears to have fixed whatever was up with the system.
 My current theory is that something went wrong when freebsd-update was
 doing the upgrade, I'm not sure what exactly, but it doesn't seem to
 be anything to do with the system configuration as I merged my old
 /etc and /usr/local/etc directories with the fresh ones, and it's
 still working just fine. About my only trouble after the upgrade is
 that Nautilus won't mount external drives anymore, but I'm sure that's
 something trivial.

 Sorry for all your trouble.