kern/109791: [sound] bad sound with maestro3 sound card

Marcin hybridx87 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:50:11 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/109791; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marcin <hybridx87 at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/109791: [sound] bad sound with maestro3 sound card
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 15:40:41 +0100

 You didn't understand me (i know my english is bad). I probably forget
 reboot computer (after install new kernel), after writing
 "snd_maestro3_load="YES "" in "/boot/loader.conf" and reboot. Gnome
 Setting Deamon - don't start, only show error; " Message did not
 receive a reply (timeout by message bus)", and if run 2 copy xmms,
 sound is bad, on tty is;

 pcm0:play:2:dsp0.2: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

 # sysctl -a | grep snd
 hw.snd.report_soft_formats: 1
 hw.snd.targetirqrate: 32
 hw.snd.verbose: 1
 hw.snd.maxautovchans: 4
 hw.snd.unit: 0
 hw.snd.pcm0.buffersize: 4096
 hw.snd.pcm0.vchans: 4
 hw.snd.pcm0.hwvol_step: 5
 hw.snd.pcm0.hwvol_mixer: vol

 # cat /dev/sndstat
 FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
 Installed devices:
 pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro3> at io 0xec00 irq 5 kld snd_maestro3
 (4p/1r/4v channels duplex default)