help with the TCL MFNM05-E tuner - either good dochunters or english/chinese bilinguals needed

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:51:51 UTC 2007

Addendum, found it. Looking at the driver some more, the tuner code
for my card is 0x67, and converting their linuxy base 10 into a more
reasonable computer system of base 16, I found that 0x67 is one of the
tuners. I also found documentation here.
http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/datasheets/tuners/FM1236%20Mk3_Oct_18_01.pdf

To verify: Can someone look at the document, page 12, and verify that
I want this value:
  {  87500, { 0x8e, 0x19 } } }
For fm_band_code (the 0x19 in particular. I know the 0x8e is good
because it matches with another tuner that worked, and the low
band/mid band codes worked, which worked on the other tuner model -
the high band failed, and they appeared to be different). I won't be
able to test this until I get home, so I was hoping someone who had a
clue could check for me, who doesn't.

the value is being in the cxm_tuners.c file of the pvrxxx port
(possibly the pvr250 port as well as several others to the new entry)

I am currently adding this to the cxm_tuners.c file, as well as the
appropriate lines to the cxm.h and cxm_eeprom.c files (will submit
diff -uNs later)
        { "Philips NTSC MK3",
*                { CXM_TUNER_TV_SYSTEM_MN, cxm_none_system_code_style },
                55250, 801250,
                { { 442000, { 0x8e, 0x04 } },
                  { 160000, { 0x8e, 0x02 } },
                  {  55250, { 0x8e, 0x01 } } },
                87500, 108000,
                  {  87500, {0x8e, 0x19 },
*                &us_cable_channels }

I'm still not sure about the first line I have asterixed, if I need to
change that (and how to figure out what to do with it), and the last
line asterixed (I think that one just sets a default mode and could
safely be either us_cable_channels or us_air_channels). Any
suggestions?

Thank you,
-Jim