streaming video

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Mon Dec 10 14:35:56 PST 2007

I can't figure out how to get streaming video (as exemplified by the
links on this page: http://countdown.ksc.nasa.gov/elv/public/ ) to
display.  I have buiolt a host of dvd ports, they all seemm to show
dvd's fine, but I can't figure out how to get one of the links on that
page to kick off a program to show stuff.  This isn't flash.  Also, I do
get a popup asking me what to do with this contentm but no matter what
program I gove it (suck as xine, vlc, totem, gxine, or gxanim, others)
nothing displays beyond the program's startup (the one I ca;; just opens
  a window and grins stupidly at me).