DVB-S under FreeBSD

Anish Mistry amistry at am-productions.biz
Sun Sep 10 22:04:25 PDT 2006

On Sunday 10 September 2006 21:13, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Sunday, 10 September 2006 at 20:09:06 +0300, Konstantin Dimitrov
wrote:
> > are there any work in that direction - support for DVB-S cards
> > under FreeBSD?
>
> Not that I know of, but I'll be looking at the responses very
> carefully.
>
> > it would be great to be able to watch digital TV broadcasts under
> > FreeBSD.
>
> Agreed.  That can be DVB-C or DVB-T as well, of course; I'm
> currently interested in DVB-T.  I've been trying to set up a Linux
> machine with a DViCO Fusion HDTV card, and it would be nice to have
> more control. I'm thinking of writing a driver for it, but I don't
> know if I have the time.  If anybody's interested in collaborating,
> please let me know.
I'm working on the DViCO FusionHDTV 5 USB.  I'm still waiting on the
tuner and demodulator docs from DViCO.  Once I have that it shouldn't
be too long before I release a driver.  Currently with the docs that
I have been provided I can upload the firmware, turn on and off the
device, and read the remote control buttons.
If someone would like to document the lgdt3302 / lgdt3303 ATSC VSB/QAM
demodulator and the lg-h06xf tuner from the Linux source that would
help since I don't know when I'm going to get that information from
DViCO.  And currently I don't have the time to try to understand the
Linux sources, though that's probably what I'm going to end up doing.

--
Anish Mistry
amistry at am-productions.biz
AM Productions http://am-productions.biz/