Sound and microphone with Skype

Wed May 3 14:09:27 UTC 2006

Quoting Dumitru Vulcanov <vulcan at physics.uvt.ro> (from Wed, 3 May 2006
15:14:27 +0300 (EEST)):

> I am fighting from long time with sound on Skype. It turns out that on 6.1
> version was fixed so I was waiting with impacience to work well. I was

Yes, your problem should be fixed with 6.1.

> I tryied everything I was able to find on net, including the hint in
> device.hints : hint.pcm.0.buffersize=65536 .... I am getting crazy
> about this ! Please can anybody help me ? maybe another ThinkPad user ?

If you use 6.0-release, you could have a look at
http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/ and read the text at the bottom to
choose the right patch. This will put the sound system from 6.1 into
6.0.

Bye,
Alexander.

    "All this modern technology just makes people try to do everything
at once."
-Hobbes