Acer Aspire AS5672 - built in camera - status so far

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Thu Jul 20 23:36:32 UTC 2006

Hello,
The Acer Aspire AS5672WLMi laptop have a built in camera, placed on
top  of the LCD panel, in the upper frame of the lid. The lens is
facing the person sitting in front of the laptop. The camera can be
swiveled around the x-axis so that it can take pictures the other way.
The camera is labelddc as a 1.3 megapixel camera.

FreeBSD sees this camera like this:

tingo at kg-home$ dmesg | grep -i camera
ugen0: OEM Camera, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2
tingo at kg-home$ usbdevs -v | grep -i camera
 port 8 addr 2: high speed, power 200 mA, config 1, Camera(0x0892), OEM(0x046d), rev 1.00

The vendor id is 0x046d, which is Logitech. I've tried both pwcbsd and spca5xx from ports, but none of them detects the camera.

So far I haven't found out more about it
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,