FreeBSD 4.9 Hauppauge PVR-250 / 350 Driver Patch (Jan 25, 2004)

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm at theinternet.com.au
Fri Jan 30 22:52:14 PST 2004

+-------[ Ryan Clancey ]----------------------
| oh man, i am so happy!  this worked perfectly the first time with no
| issues!  you rock.
|
| now if only i could figure out how to change the channel...
| i was hoping that something like:
|
| mplayer -tv driver=bsdbt848:channel=28:device=/dev/bktr0 /dev/bktr0

you probably just need to use the chanlist setting to specify your country..

e.g.

mplayer -tv driver=bsdbt848:chanlist=us-bcast:channel=28:device=/dev/bktr0 /dev/bktr0

| would do the trick, but no such luck.  still showed channel 4.  i also
| had no luck with the ioctl's, but i can blame that on not really
| understanding how such things work.  me feeble attempt with perl's ioctl
| complained about "Inappropriate ioctl for device" when i tried:
|
| #!/usr/bin/perl
|
| require "sys/ioctl.ph";
| require "machine/ioctl_bt848.ph";
| open(DEV, "/dev/bktr0");
| ioctl(DEV, TVTUNER_SETCHNL, $ARGV[0]) or warn $!;
| close(DEV);

You could try opening /dev/tuner0 (that might be a -current only thing I can't
remember).

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  M:+61 416 022 411   |