FreeBSD 4.9 Hauppauge PVR-250 / 350 Driver Patch (Jan 25, 2004)

Ryan Clancey rclancey-freebsd-multimedia at dfmm.org
Fri Jan 30 22:33:02 PST 2004

oh man, i am so happy!  this worked perfectly the first time with no
issues!  you rock.

now if only i could figure out how to change the channel...
i was hoping that something like:

mplayer -tv driver=bsdbt848:channel=28:device=/dev/bktr0 /dev/bktr0

would do the trick, but no such luck.  still showed channel 4.  i also
had no luck with the ioctl's, but i can blame that on not really
understanding how such things work.  me feeble attempt with perl's ioctl
complained about "Inappropriate ioctl for device" when i tried:

#!/usr/bin/perl

require "sys/ioctl.ph";
require "machine/ioctl_bt848.ph";
open(DEV, "/dev/bktr0");
ioctl(DEV, TVTUNER_SETCHNL, $ARGV[0]) or warn $!;
close(DEV);

have any tips?  do i have the right idea and maybe just need to rebuild
the perl header files?

once again, thankyouthankyouthankyou for all the work you put into this.

-ryan