ffmpeg w/bktr no sound

Pete pete_mckenna at qwest.net
Wed May 14 10:37:54 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 12:23  PM, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:

> On Wed, 14 May 2003 11:08:45 -0500
> Pete McKenna <pete_mckenna at qwest.net> wrote:
>
> PM> I'm still working on getting ffmpeg encoding to work and the video
> PM> is fine but I get no audio. I have mucked with the mixer settings
> and
> PM> such to no avail.
>
> 	What does mixer recsrc say ?

Recording source: line

> PM> I use fxtv to set the channel, for now and when I turn off
> PM> line in the mixer the fxtv audio dies. It is plugged into
>
> 	So you can hear it with ffmpeg running ?

no I hear nothing while recording, should I hear the
tv audio while using ffmpeg ? I hear a whump sound
like an amp being turned on when it starts.

> PM> the sound cards line in. Based on this I set mixer recsrc
> PM> to line, but still nothing. It's broadcast NTSC signal.
>
> 	Using mixer =rec line ?

Yes

> PM> Mixer phin     is currently set to   0:0

yeah I had everything on originally. I was trying to
limit the possibilities.
Is ffmpeg using dsp* as it's source device ?

Thanks

Pete