ffmpeg w/bktr no sound

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Wed May 14 10:23:58 PDT 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003 11:08:45 -0500
Pete McKenna <pete_mckenna at qwest.net> wrote:

PM> I'm still working on getting ffmpeg encoding to work and the video
PM> is fine but I get no audio. I have mucked with the mixer settings and
PM> such to no avail.

	What does mixer recsrc say ?

PM> I use fxtv to set the channel, for now and when I turn off
PM> line in the mixer the fxtv audio dies. It is plugged into

	So you can hear it with ffmpeg running ?

PM> the sound cards line in. Based on this I set mixer recsrc
PM> to line, but still nothing. It's broadcast NTSC signal.

	Using mixer =rec line ?

PM> Mixer phin     is currently set to   0:0

<fx sound of straws being clutched>

	Maybe this needs turning up.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun