ffmpeg w/bktr - input source select

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Tue Aug 19 12:09:05 PDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:16:29 +0200
Johann Hugo <jhugo at icomtek.csir.co.za> wrote:

JH> Hi
JH>
JH> Is there a command line utility that I can use to change the input
JH> source on a Brooktree Video capture/TV card to something else, before
JH> I start ffmpeg?

	With the version of ffmpeg currently in the ports the input
source is fixed at compile time, so as long as you want the one you
compiled it for (WITH_BROOKTREE_INPUT=x) all will be well automatically.
If you also want to set the tuner you will need something like
bsdbktr_tvtune, or mplayer can be set to play one frame to /dev/null
and set it all up as a side effect :)

	The are two newer versions of ffmpeg port skeletons on
ftp.sohara.org both of which respond to environment variables for input,
format and frequency, the -cvs one also has a command line option for
format.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun