RME 96xx with FreeBSD

Steven Campbell scampbell at Ncrypted.ORG
Mon Apr 14 16:46:29 PDT 2003

Hi, I would like my RME Digi96/8 working under FreeBSD.

I'm currently running FreeBSD 5.0 on an SMP Pentium Pro box.

I haven't seen anything more recent than Daniel Pouzzner's comments (
douzzer at mega.nu ) in May 2000. You can view it by googling for "freebsd
rme".

I have read and understand the RME 96xx driver from ALSA, but I don't
want to get involved in porting the ALSA stuff, since FreeBSD's pcm
seems to be well-written.

I would like to get the ALSA drivers working under FreeBSD, keeping in
mind GPL vs. FreeBSD kernel copyright issues.

Wondering if somebody could share any notes or pages on porting ALSA or
OSS sound drivers to FreeBSD's pcm driver.