How to play new flavor of mp3 files

Mike Meyer mwm-dated-1050616342.0dc66d at mired.org
Sat Apr 12 14:52:26 PDT 2003

In <20030412205059.1260.qmail at exxodus.fedaykin.here>, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux at FreeBSD.org> typed:
> > You can find a copy at <URL: http://www.mired.org/broken.mp3 >.
> 	First question, can you play this sort of mp3 with ANY
> mp3 player? It looks like these have been incorrectly generated.
> I've generated VBR mp3 with both lame and other tools so I am sure
> xmms can play them.

No, I can't play them with any tools I've tried. That's why I asked.

I know I've seen some AVI files tagged as '.mp3' files, so I tried
file on them. It says they are mp3 files.

> 	Are you sure these mp3 files are correct? I'll be updating
> mpeg4ip port shortly. Perhaps, it can play this.

I only have the assurance of the source that they could be played. The
source may well be lieing.

I'd like to know how mpeg4ip does on them.

	Thanks,
	<mike