Mozilla Freezing

Jason talon at unix.org.au
Sat Aug 2 16:29:29 PDT 2003

Hi

I have been using Mozilla for some time now .. and recently switched to
Firebird, Mozilla / firebird built from the ports tree.

I run it on FreeBSD 4.8 Stable XFree86 Version 4.2.0 / X Window System.

Each time I start the browser and type in the address bar Firebird or
Mozilla locks up for about 5 minutes.

Clicking on links bookmarks etc doesnt cause any problems just typing,
the behavior is duplicated with login boxes etc not just the address bar.

Once it has waited for around 5 minutes it unfreezes itself and works
fine and fast.

This problem has happened with all builds of mozilla and firebird
after 1.0 the problem happens in mozilla -mail and composer as well.
I have tried deinstalling and recompiling several times.

Have heard of anything like this before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Version Info

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030717

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030716
Mozilla Firebird/0.6

Best Regards Jason
M$ Free Zone!