FreeBSD on Acer C710 Chromebook

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sat Dec 27 19:11:53 UTC 2014

El día Saturday, December 27, 2014 a las 11:52:16AM -0700, Warren Block escribió:

> The C710's advantage is that RAM can be added and it takes a normal 2.5
> SATA device (7mm, but still).
>
> The C720 has a faster processor, but RAM (2G) is soldered in, there are
> no sockets, and the SSD is the newer M.2 form factor.  It already has
> SeaBIOS, though.

Re/ C720: There are detailed information and patches how to install
HEAD on a C720;

I found a video in Youtube about updating the SSD to 128 GByte and
checked the price of such SSD (around 100 Euro). The video as well shows
the RAM soldered as 4 chips. But, I think for the purpose (netbook)
2 Gbyte is pretty much enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jOHHyJMgWk

I'm still thinking about buying the C720 ... There are offers for 200 Euro.
It could really be a replacement for my nearly 8 years old EeePC 900.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
1989-2014: The Wall was torn down so that we go to war together again.