FreeBSD release Acer Aspire 5735Z

Anthony Jenkins scoobi_doo at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 16:19:41 UTC 2011

>________________________________

I had to modify the driver to create /dev/wmistat%d instances for the two interfaces it detected on my laptop.  cat(1)'ing each shows a single GUID entry.  My laptop model is not listed in the Linux acer_acpi supported hardware, but this laptop is the first one that has had almost *everything* supported by FreeBSD - ACPI suspend/resume, wireless Atheros NIC (thanks Adrian!), SATA HDD, etc.  So I apparently don't even need acpi_wmi(4)...

>But what to do then? acpi_wmi's manpage only says that it can only read
>the values via wmistat, but not how to alter them.

Maybe that functionality is what needs to be ported to FreeBSD :-)  I'll go that route.

Anthony