hardlocks in 8-CURRENT

volker at vwsoft.com volker at vwsoft.com
Thu Mar 11 21:43:35 UTC 2010

On 01/-10/63 20:59, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If you go with your laptop to some meeting, you just take it with you and
> normally not even the power-supply; when you return to your desk, normally
> you put your laptop on the table, plug-in power and open the lid...
>
> from time to time I encounter that the laptop after opening the lid is
> just locked, i.e. hardlocked and does not even respond on ping from other
> places; I did tests to see when it crashes, i.e. if it is based on the
> movement, of WLAN AP re-connect or whatever; I now always first open it, work a
> while across WLAN and then plug-in the power; the lock occurs only on
> the plug-in of the power-supply;
>
> any idea what to do next for debugging this? thanks
>
> 	matthias

Matthias,

just a shot in the dark, but I bet keying "res" ENTER (w/o the quotes)
in while your system seems to be dead will give you 'back' (well, kind
of) your system. Can you try that the next time, please?

If that works (reboots your system) we can see if you're able to get a
core dump out of your box.

Volker