Australian 3G ppp.conf

s0x7c0 at netspace.net.au s0x7c0 at netspace.net.au
Thu Jul 8 07:10:03 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I am using FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE and I have bought myself an optus 3G usb
modem. HUAWEI E160E with a brand new sim card. The problem is that I have never
had to use ppp before. I have always had a modem with a built in access point.
So if there is anyone out there who knows how to get connected I would REALLY
like to hear from you. Before I forget u3g is compiled into the kernel and
FreeBSD detects the device correctly and new devices and ttys' turn up in /dev.

cheers,

Brett.