Cannot get Intel/Pro Wireless 3945ABG to work

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 20 00:15:36 PDT 2009

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Jason Nordwick wrote:

> I just installed (after a multiyear hiatus of FreeBSD) on my laptop, but I
> can't get the wireless to work.

Welcome back. :)  You didn't mention what version you're using, but 'man
wpi' should get you the information you want. Assuming you're using at
least version 7.1 (and you should be) be sure to pay attention to the
information about wlan, that's a big change to our wireless networking in
the past couple years.

Good luck,

Doug