Intel/Pro Wireless 3945ABG working! now slow :(

Jason Nordwick jnordwick at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 09:01:07 PDT 2009

Thanks for all the help. The problem was just that I couldn't figure
out which device I needed to use and the information to turn on the
device was in the man page that I didn't know about because it wasn't
listed in the device output. Doh.

Thank you everybody for your help. It all works now (except I still
find it clunky to manage the networks I want to join, but I figure
I'll find something out there to help with that or be able to write a
script to do it).

Now, I just have speed issues. For example, right now I am trying to
install some ports, but maxing out the download at about 4-6 k/sec.
Did I not include wpi0.makefast="YES" or something?

-j