Laptop suggestions?

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Thu Oct 23 11:41:36 UTC 2008

Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> writes:
> I've seen that Fn key, but don't know what it is for.  What? you press
> it, then follow with the integers [ 1, 2, 3 ... ]?   At any rate, maybe
> you can remap the key with ~/.xmodmaprc.

They're used to access keys which won't physically fit on a laptop
keyboard, such as the numeric keypad, NumLock, ScrollLock etc., and
(along with function keys) to control hardware-specific functions like
switching between internal and external display, turning bluetooth and
wlan on and off, adjusting the backlight brightness, etc.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no