7.0-RELEASE && panic after ~4 hours

Matthias Apitz matthias.apitz at oclc.org
Mon Mar 31 06:04:07 PDT 2008

El día Monday, March 31, 2008 a las 12:39:14PM +0200, Kris Kennaway escribió:

> Matthias Apitz wrote:
>
> >I did it and filed:
> >
> >http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=122286
> >
> >Today I have had two panics, always after some minutes which makes Wifi
> >(with WPA in my office) for me unusable; connected the laptop to Ethernet
> >:-((
>
> This information is confusing.  You might be having wifi problems, but
> the panic is in the soft updates code and has no obvious relation to wifi.
>
> It is possible you had an initial panic (maybe in wifi) that caused
> filesystem corruption that was not repaired by background fsck.
>
> You should unmount (or boot to single-user mode) and run a full fsck
> (fsck -fy).

Thanks for your hint and I've done what you have advised and I'm
connected through Wifi again now (until next panic :-))
The fsck has indeed correct something where the block count should have
been zero but was some decimal number of 20 digits, I think (don't
remember that large number);

I'll copy this e-mail into the TT;

thx

	matthias