7.0-RELEASE && panic after ~4 hours

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 31 03:39:09 PDT 2008

Matthias Apitz wrote:

> I did it and filed:

> Today I have had two panics, always after some minutes which makes Wifi
> (with WPA in my office) for me unusable; connected the laptop to Ethernet :-((

This information is confusing.  You might be having wifi problems, but
the panic is in the soft updates code and has no obvious relation to wifi.

It is possible you had an initial panic (maybe in wifi) that caused
filesystem corruption that was not repaired by background fsck.

You should unmount (or boot to single-user mode) and run a full fsck
(fsck -fy).

Kris