ThinkPad x61s

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Sat Mar 8 01:42:36 UTC 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 7:46 PM, Andrew Elmore wrote:

>> If I could, I'd use the mini-PCI ath card from my T41, but that's not
>> an option.  The x61s uses mini-PCIe.
>>
>> The wifi options for the x61are listed below.  With each option I've
>> listed
>> what I've found regarding support for that hardware.
>>
>> 1- ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wi-Fi wireless LAN Mini-PCIe US/EMEA/LA/ANZ
>>     no idea about this or if it's supported
>
> I believe this is the Thinkpad branded ath(4), which tends to work
> very nicely with BSD, and would be the best-supported option.

Andrew: FWIW, I had an Intel wifi nic in my T41.  I upgraded it
to something similar to the above (details not available to hand)
but it was also ath.  It worked flawlessly.

Thank you.  This greatly increases my confidence level with
respect to purchasing this laptop.  :)

--
Dan Langille -- http://www.langille.org/
dan at langille.org