ThinkPad x61s

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Wed Mar 12 02:36:20 UTC 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 8:42 PM, Dan Langille wrote:

> On Mar 7, 2008, at 7:46 PM, Andrew Elmore wrote:
>
>>> If I could, I'd use the mini-PCI ath card from my T41, but that's
>>> not
>>> an option.  The x61s uses mini-PCIe.
>>>
>>> The wifi options for the x61are listed below.  With each option I've
>>> listed
>>> what I've found regarding support for that hardware.
>>>
>>> 1- ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wi-Fi wireless LAN Mini-PCIe US/EMEA/LA/ANZ
>>>     no idea about this or if it's supported
>>
>> I believe this is the Thinkpad branded ath(4), which tends to work
>> very nicely with BSD, and would be the best-supported option.
>
> Andrew: FWIW, I had an Intel wifi nic in my T41.  I upgraded it
> to something similar to the above (details not available to hand)
> but it was also ath.  It worked flawlessly.
>
> Thank you.  This greatly increases my confidence level with
> respect to purchasing this laptop.  :)

This is my cunning purchase plan:

ThinkPadX61s-1YearDepotWarranty

7668CTO
Processor:Intel®CoreTM2DuoL7500LV(1.6GHz, 4MBL2,800MHzFSB) 1
OperatingSystem:GenuineWindowsVistaBusiness 64 1
OperatingSystemLanguage:GenuineWindowsVista
Business64USEnglish 1
Display:12.1"UltraLightXGATFT,2x3UltraConnect II antenna 1
Total memory:2GBPC2-5300DDR2SDRAM667MHz SODIMMMemory(2DIMM) 1
Keyboard:KeyboardUSEnglish 1
Pointingdevice:TrackPoint 1
HardDrive:160GBHardDiskDrive,7200rpm 1
Wirelesscard:ThinkPad11a/b/gWi-Fi wirelessLAN Mini-PCIeUS/EMEA/LA/ANZ 1
Battery:ThinkPadX60sSeries8cell HighCapacity  Battery 1
Powercord:CountryPackNorthAmerica 1
LanguagePack:LanguagePackUSEnglish 1
Warranty:7668:Express-1YearDepotWarranty 1

Accessoriesandoptions:
3yearonsite9x5Next BusinessDay ThinkPadX61s12inch

--
Dan Langille -- http://www.langille.org/
dan at langille.org