Laptop suggestions?

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Jul 29 08:17:06 UTC 2008

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:21:08 +0700
"Outback Dingo" <outbackdingo at gmail.com> wrote:

> IBM Z series, my Z60M Titanium, runs great and still actually looks brand
> new being 2+ years old

+1

> the X, T and Z series laptops are all decent, i cant say on quality, im
> still using the one i got almost
> three years ago with no issues. 1680x1050 on a 15'4 wide wcreen is nice
> also.

really?  what card have yours got? and how many bpp?

mine has the ATI (yes, with all of 128 MB graphic memory ) doesn't pick more than 1280x800 (which is fine too, of course...but 1680 is much better).

Most of the components in mine work well (including the fingerprint scanner :P though not in active use till it's PAM-pluggable ). Suspend is quite flaky ( dead :P ) while I have DRI enabled...i think it is a known issue.