FreeBSD 7 doesn't see AR5212 (Netgear WPN511) via PCI/Cardbus Adapter

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Feb 20 20:23:59 UTC 2008

> When I boot on the system that has the pci->cardbus adapter, ath isn't

The pci->cardbus adapter with an ath card in it not working could be
one of three things:

	(1) the pci bus numbering problem.
	(2) lack of 3.3 regulators on the card so only r2 cards can
	    work
	(3) Sam's power issues

I'm guessing #1 in this case.

To tell if it is #1, you'll need to look to see if the subbus and
such.  sysctl dev.cbb will likely give me the next step in this
debugging process.

For my (working) laptop I see:

dev.cbb.0.%parent: pci6
dev.cbb.0.domain: 0
dev.cbb.0.pribus: 6
dev.cbb.0.secbus: 7
dev.cbb.0.subbus: 7

but that's because the pribus, secbus and subbus are set right up the
tree:

dev.pci.6.%desc: ACPI PCI bus
dev.pci.6.%driver: pci
dev.pci.6.%parent: pcib3

dev.pcib.3.%desc: ACPI PCI-PCI bridge
dev.pcib.3.%driver: pcib
dev.pcib.3.%location: slot=20 function=4 handle=\_SB_.PCI0.P2P_
dev.pcib.3.%pnpinfo: vendor=0x1002 device=0x4371 subvendor=0x0000
subdevice=0x0000 class=0x060401
dev.pcib.3.%parent: pci0

hmmm, maybe I should add these debug diagnostics to pcib too.

Warner