FreeBSD 7 doesn't see AR5212 (Netgear WPN511) via PCI/Cardbus Adapter

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Wed Feb 20 19:21:05 UTC 2008

Michael C. Cambria wrote:

> Warner Losh wrote:
>
>> There are two different bugs that I'm aware of.  One is pci bus
>> numbering (which means that *NO* cardbus cards will work, but all
>> 16-bit "r2" cards will work).  The other is the power issue that Sam
>> is talking about.  But the first issue should be identical in both 6.x
>> and 7.0.
>>
> I'm guessing what I see is the first one.
>
> I have 4 cards (wi) that work:
>
> - Orinoco Silver
> - Orinoco Gold
> - Netgear (don't remember the model, - it's prisim 2.5 based and
> supports hostap)
> - EnGenius (2511CD PLUS EXT2)
>
> Those that don't (ath) in both 6.3 and 7.0 RC2:
>
> - Netgear WPN511
> - Ubiquiti SRC Cardbus Card
>
> I'll test this one (ath) once it arrives:
>
> - CB9-GP-EXT 802.11a/b/g External Antenna Cardbus Card

You chopped too much context so I cannot tell what you're referring
too.  I can only say that I have a T42 running HEAD that doesn't
recognize an Atheros cardbus card I have.  The same card works in
another thinkpad w/ a different cardbus chip.  The card works under
other OS's on the T42 so it's a regression in HEAD (and likely 7.0).

I traced through the code and think I pinned it down to not powering on
the card on insert but am not certain.

    Sam