need help!!! nic driver not working.

AT Matik asstec at matik.com.br
Tue Sep 18 14:01:28 PDT 2007

> > The bcmwl5_sys,ko, if_ndis.ko and ndis.ko modules come up as loaded,
> > along with the kernel. Does this mean that the coverted drivers are not
> > working on my machine? Or is there something else I need to do?
>
> I've been fighting off and on with broadcom wifi drivers since I got my
> HP Pavilion dv9205us in February.  I've gotten everything from kernel
> panics to dmesg listings for ndis0.  When I did manage to get the dmesg
> listing for ndis0, it did me absolutely no good.  ifconfig ndis0 scan
> didn't work and the light indicating the wifi was active never changed
> to blue on the laptop.  I've revisited the problem several times in the
> intervening months and get stymied at every attempt.  I level disdain in
> broadcom's general direction anytime I decide to mess with this wifi
> again.  All of my attempts were using FreeBSD/amd64 as the i386 boot cd
> would hang almost from the get go.  I know I'm not any help, but I
> figured I'd let you know that you are not alone in your misery.

well, I am not so sure if ndis is available for amd64 ...

anyway, I have a bunch of Acer NBs which all use all day long the broadcom
device with ndis driver

look how it works well and stable:

compile your kernel with aditional

     options 	NDISAPI
     device 	ndis

you need device wlan also but should be the default already

then convert the dirver executing ndisgen and follow the instructions
copy the new module bcmwl5_sys.ko into /boot/kernel or /boot/modules

then load the bcmwl5_sys.ko

kldload bcmwl5_sys

and you should see the ndis0 interface when calling ifconfig

so set the ssid and IP on it and ready to go, something like this should work

ifconfig ndis0 200.1.1.10/28 ssid your_ssid up

ifconfig ndis0 scan
or
ifconfig ndis0 list ap

should show available APs