ISA PCCARD device sharing IRQ with USB Hub, is it okay?

Marcin Cieslak saper at system.pl
Fri Jul 6 11:29:33 UTC 2007

Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> I read some articles on the Internet wich says ISA PCMCIA cards
> should/better not share IRQ number with other devices:

The story is about PCMCIA ISA controllers (old stuff) not about new PCI
CardBus ones. New CardBus _controllers_ are really much alike PCI
devices. You can plug your 16-bit card there and share interrupts.
The document you quote is a bit outdated, if you are interested in past
discussions about it please see Warner's excellent presentation at

http://www.usenix.org/events/bsdcon02/full_papers/losh/losh_html/index.html

Please also understand that with new 32-bit controllers (cbb drivers and
others) old tools like pccardd and pccardc do not work and are no longer
necessary. They access old 16-bit interface only.

Regards,

--Marcin