second PCMCIA card doesn't work

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Thu Jul 5 13:12:06 UTC 2007

Dear list

Aanything plugged on my second PCMCIA slot doesn't work, doesn't even
trigger a message in dmesg. Including the devices which works just fine
in first slot. The box is Thinkpad 380XD and I recall when I was using
FreeBSD 4.7 both slots work.

I attached both of my kernel config file here and my dmesg. Note that
the device on first slot always take IRQ 11, which is not in the list of
usable irq as specified by me in /etc/pccard.conf; which is using the
same IRQ as uchi0.

I am not sure how to go on checking this issue, pccardc always complains
either "0 slots found" or "/dev/card0: no such file or directory".

Thanks.