change in iwi-firmware operation

Wilde, Donald dwilde at sandia.gov
Mon May 15 06:12:24 PDT 2006

Hi, All -

I have a Centrino (2200G) equipped Dell Inspiron 6000, and had it
working reasonably well with the iwi firmware.

I just updated to the version in ports as of a few days ago, and
discovered that the firmware won't stay firm.

I can manually load it :

	iwicontrol -i iwi0 -r
Radio is OFF
	iwicontrol -i iwi0 -k
	iwicontrol -i iwi0 -d /boot/firmware -m bss
	iwicontrol -I iwi0 -r
Radio is ON
	dhclient iwi0

and it connects. However, attempting to boot (with or without power off)
makes it lose firmware. Nothing has changed from the
previously-successful configuration in rc.conf and loader.conf. I have
however, done RELENG_6 cvsup (a/o last Thursday), world, and portupgrade
--all.

I did try many combinations of iwicontrol, though not yet ten thousand,
and I have checked out the Bergamini web page and forum.

Thanks in advance!

--
Don Wilde    Org 01737    505-844-1126
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas