iwi prevents 6-STABLE kernel from building

Christian Brueffer brueffer at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 20 14:18:49 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 08:07:57AM -0600, Don Wilde wrote:
> Good localtime(), all -
>
> I am having problems related to the iwi driver since my recent CVSups
> of last several days.
>
> I get an 'unknown symbol firmware_get' from several iwi modules:
>
> if_iwi.o(.text+0x23ca): In function `iwi_getfw':
> : undefined reference to `firmware_get'
>
> and several more, while doing buildkernel. It's a Dell Inspiron 6000,
> and I deinstall/reinstall'ed net/iwi-firmware and
> net/iwi-firmware-kmod.
>
> UPDATING in ports and sys says nothing about such an error, and
> neither does iwi(4) or the Bergamini web page. I didn't see anything
> in this list archive, either.
>
> My previously working system did not work at my local library
> yesterday, giving a new error message on the console something like
> 'unknown authentication method 1' over and over again.
>
> TIA for any suggestions!

Put 'device firmware' into your kernel config.

And yeah, we should add something to UPDATING.

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris at unixpages.org	brueffer at FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc