iwi prevents 6-STABLE kernel from building

Don Wilde Don at Silver-Lynx.com
Thu Jul 20 14:07:58 UTC 2006

Good localtime(), all -

I am having problems related to the iwi driver since my recent CVSups
of last several days.

I get an 'unknown symbol firmware_get' from several iwi modules:

if_iwi.o(.text+0x23ca): In function `iwi_getfw':
: undefined reference to `firmware_get'

and several more, while doing buildkernel. It's a Dell Inspiron 6000,
and I deinstall/reinstall'ed net/iwi-firmware and
net/iwi-firmware-kmod.

UPDATING in ports and sys says nothing about such an error, and
neither does iwi(4) or the Bergamini web page. I didn't see anything
in this list archive, either.

My previously working system did not work at my local library
yesterday, giving a new error message on the console something like
'unknown authentication method 1' over and over again.

TIA for any suggestions!

Don WIlde